Monday 5 March 2012

Version 2.0

Since recovering from the flu I never got my motivation back to get in the garage and carry on where I left off.

I quickly fell back into bad habits of old and became lazy. I was in a self destroying cycle of killing my self with food. I knew I was fat for no other reason than I was greedy.

I had to do something to get my mojo on. I had enough of my own self loathing and noticed a decline in updates of the blogs I am following that helped raise my motivation.

I decided to stump up the cash and join a gym. I never thought I would do so, swapping sweat with prima donnas and elderly ladies that stroll on the treadmills.

But I needed a new motivation, and the thought of spending money on gym membership and not going, would annoy me to no end.

So I went looking and signed up to a gym. Going to cost me a fortune, but it will force me into going, so money is not wasted. I got inducted and given a tour of the gym.

I then had a fitness assessment, which comprised of having my height recorded and my weight. I then had my body fat measured along with my resting heart rate and a peak flow test. Below are the results.

Height: 6ft 5ins
Weight: 117.5kg
Body Fat: 31%
Blood Pressure (Systolic): 135mmHg
Blood Pressure (Diastolic): 85mmHg
Resting Heart Rate: 64bpm
Lung Function (PEFR): 700 1/min

I also finally received my starter kit from USN, which consisted of a tub of Whey Protein shake, Protein dessert, CLA Pure 1000 tablets and XEDRA-CUT, all of which will supplement a healthy eating plan, as I take on the USN Body & Lifestyle Challenge over the next 12 weeks. I've also taken to record some body measurements that I will monitor as I progress.

Biceps: 14ins
Chest: 47ins
Abdominal: 45ins
Waist: 44.5ins
Thighs: 24ins
Calfs: 16ins

I also had a starter basic workout programme given to me by staff at the gym. Below is what I'm following, it is basic. As I've been too inconsistent with my workouts previously, and dialled right back to basics.

Warm Up: Brisk stroll on treadmill for 10mins to raise heart rate

Chest Press: 8-12 reps, 3 sets at 30kg
Lat Pulldown: 8-12 reps, 3 sets at 40kg
Shoulder Press: 8-12 reps, 3 sets at 20kg

Cross Trainer: 15mins
Treadmill: 10mins
Bike: 10mins

Cool Down: Treadmill 5mins

This workout will be repeated 4 days a week. Most likely Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday

I will also keep a log of my workouts with a food diary.

1 comment: